The Littlbug Blog
Memorial Day is right around the corner and typically marks the official beginning of summer. As a veteran owned and operated business, we take special pride in observing Memorial Day, as it is dedicated to honor the men and women who have died while serving in the U.S. military. This year, the holiday weekend will take on even more meaning to many throughout our country as we have been struggling with the Covid 19 pandemic. Several states have begun to ‘open up’ in various stages and are allowing people to venture outside of their homes.
This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoors and all it has to offer. For those that would like to continue to observe social distancing, this is easily accomplished and can be a fantastic experience when you incorporate a Littlbug Stove. Most important, have a safe Memorial Day weekend!
Some outside activities to consider include this upcoming holiday weekend, or any time this summer.
1. Day hiking - Checklist for a fun and safe day adventure
- Littlbug camp stove - lightweight and perfect to cook or warm food and/or boil water
- Hiking backpack - pack your stove, food, navigation tools, first aid kit, and multi-tool
- Weather-appropriate clothing (think moisture-wicking and layers)
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Plenty of food - dehydrated options are lightest, but if packed correctly you can cook a gourmet meal, if you are ambitious
- Plenty of water - your Littlbug Stove can always be used to boil water if you don’t want to pack
- Navigation tools such as a map and compass - we don’t want you to get lost
- First-aid kit
- Knife or multi-tool
2. Picnic in the Park - Checklist to enjoy that picturesque picnic lunch
- Littlbug stove is ideal to use with an alcohol burner to quickly warm food. Plus it is lightweight and requires minimal space.
- Picnic Basket, Hamper, Tote, Cooler, or Backpack, something that is easy to carry.
- A Picnic Blanket to lay out on the ground for comfort.
- Plates, Glasses, Utensils, and Napkins.
- Corkscrew or Bottle Opener for those that would like a nice bottle of wine.
- Cutting Board and Knife, or pre-cut items to save time.
- Ice Packs or Thermos.
- Trash Bags. We always want to be respectful of nature and our parks.
3. Weekend backpacking trip - Checklist to ensure a worry-free weekend, similar to a day hike with a few added items.
- Hiking boots or shoes, make sure they are broke in.
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad
- Littlbug Stove and fuel - works the best as a stick and twig stove for all your meals and hot drinks.
- Kitchen supplies for your meals
- Plenty of food - create a menu to ensure you have everything you need.
- Water bottles and water-treatment supplies - Littlbug stove can boil your water too.
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Emergency and hygiene supplies
- Small repair kit