The Littlbug Blog
Memorial Day is right around the corner and typically marks the official beginning of summer. As a veteran owned and operated business, we take special pride in observing Memorial Day, as it is dedicated to honor the men and women who have died while serving in the U.S. military. This year, the holiday weekend will take on even more meaning to many throughout our country as we have been struggling with the Covid 19 pandemic. Several states have begun to ‘open up’ in various stages and are allowing people to venture outside of their homes.
This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoors and all it has to offer. For those that would like to continue to observe social distancing, this is easily accomplished and can be a fantastic experience when you incorporate a Littlbug Stove. Most important, have a safe Memorial Day weekend!
Some outside activities to consider include this upcoming holiday weekend, or any time this summer.
1. Day hiking - Checklist for a fun and safe day adventure
- Littlbug camp stove - lightweight and perfect to cook or warm food and/or boil water
- Hiking backpack - pack your stove, food, navigation tools, first aid kit, and multi-tool
- Weather-appropriate clothing (think moisture-wicking and layers)
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Plenty of food - dehydrated options are lightest, but if packed correctly you can cook a gourmet meal, if you are ambitious
- Plenty of water - your Littlbug Stove can always be used to boil water if you don’t want to pack
- Navigation tools such as a map and compass - we don’t want you to get lost
- First-aid kit
- Knife or multi-tool
2. Picnic in the Park - Checklist to enjoy that picturesque picnic lunch
- Littlbug stove is ideal to use with an alcohol burner to quickly warm food. Plus it is lightweight and requires minimal space.
- Picnic Basket, Hamper, Tote, Cooler, or Backpack, something that is easy to carry.
- A Picnic Blanket to lay out on the ground for comfort.
- Plates, Glasses, Utensils, and Napkins.
- Corkscrew or Bottle Opener for those that would like a nice bottle of wine.
- Cutting Board and Knife, or pre-cut items to save time.
- Ice Packs or Thermos.
- Trash Bags. We always want to be respectful of nature and our parks.
3. Weekend backpacking trip - Checklist to ensure a worry-free weekend, similar to a day hike with a few added items.
- Hiking boots or shoes, make sure they are broke in.
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad
- Littlbug Stove and fuel - works the best as a stick and twig stove for all your meals and hot drinks.
- Kitchen supplies for your meals
- Plenty of food - create a menu to ensure you have everything you need.
- Water bottles and water-treatment supplies - Littlbug stove can boil your water too.
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Emergency and hygiene supplies
- Small repair kit
The holidays can be stressful trying to find the perfect gift for the outdoor enthusiast in your life. Whether you’re looking for a gift for an adventurous car camper to an ounce counting thru hiker, Littlbug stoves and accessories hold the key to a one stop, stress free shopping season. Cozy Comforts: Car camping [...]
Ladies, we all know the struggle of doing our business in the backcountry. Whether popping a squat, dealing with our monthly cycle, or keeping infections “down there” away, it can be intimidating wandering into the backcountry and trying to figure out the best way to manage when “nature calls”. It may even keep [...]
Covering over 1 million acres and hugging 120 miles of Minnesota’s international border, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness(BWCAW) offers adventures 12 hiking trails and 1,200 miles of canoe routes (National Forest Service). The BWCAW has become quite the area of discussion in recent months due to the imminent threat of sulfide-ore copper mining. [...]
Exploring by land has its own sense of adventure. However, going by water is a whole new experience. Whether floating leisurely down a river, navigating through rapids, or taking to the lakes, adventuring by water is an experience of its own. The views captured on the water are breathtaking and ones you’ll remember [...]
When spending time in the wilderness, staying clean and following good hygiene can be challenging, especially when it comes to longer trips. These tips will help you tackle the backcountry and stay squeaky clean on any adventure from land to sea. Brushing TeethOral hygiene is important, especially in the backcountry. Make sure you [...]
With the start of a new year, endless adventures await your discovery in 2019. To light a fire in your belly and inspire your New Year’s resolutions, we’ve created a list of things to add to your adventure bucket list. Bucket List Thru Hikes The Triple Crown of thru hikes; the Appalachian Trail, [...]
Old Man Winter has returned for another season. He brings with him a blanket of white, colder temperatures, and shorter days. With these conditions comes exciting ways to explore the outdoors. Cross Country SkiingCross country skiing can be enjoyed both on groomed trails and in the backcountry. Groomed trails are a great [...]
You’ve upgraded to a wood burning backpacking stove and you’re ready to head out on your next adventure. Every backpacking stove fits differently in your pack due to size and shape, and this isn’t any different. But don’t worry, to make sure you have the best experience with your wood burning camp stove, we [...]
If you find yourself itching to get into the backcountry once more before it’s completely consumed by snow, Thanksgiving weekend can be the perfect weekend to pitch the tent one more time before the snow flies. Whether you're car camping or heading into the wilderness with a pack on your back, you don’t have [...]