The Littlbug Blog
Some backpacking stoves require maintenance or repair kits. When you’re out on the trail, the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not your stove will need to be repaired. We want your time on the trail to be a success, so here’s some options for you to consider.
The best advice we can give you is to find a stove that doesn't need a maintenance or repair kit. Unlike many other camp stoves, Littlbug stoves don’t require maintenance kits and are built with minimal pieces to simplify the assembly process. Why purchase a stove that also needs a maintenance or repair kit? Littlbug stoves are a more affordable, long-term option for anyone looking to purchase an ultralight camp stove.
- Choose Your Fuel – Littlbug Stoves Burn Wood or Alcohol
- Rugged Simplicity – Stainless Steel Construction
- Stable – Unique Pot Supports Provide a Versatile Cooking Platform
- Nests for Easy Storage and Transport – Wraps Around a Sleeping Pad
- Easy to Assemble
- Boils Water Fast
- Cools Quickly
- Requires No Maintenance Kits, Spare Parts, Windscreens, or Heat Exchangers
The Littlbug Senior Stove is our largest capacity stove. The stove is constructed with durable stainless steel, burns wood or alcohol, provides a stable and versatile cooking platform and is uniquely designed to wrap around a sleeping pad for easy storage and transport. It works with most commercially available alcohol burners.
If you have a different camp stove, service kits similar to the ones listed here are something you'll need to keep in mind when you're headed out into the wilderness.
WhisperLite Stove Service Kit
- A jet and cable tool, numerous O-rings, a priming wick, oil for the pump cup, safety pins, pump seals, air tubes, fuel tube bushings, check valve plugs, and pump cups are all included in the kit.
- Shaker needle, check valve ball, check valve spring, WhisperLite G jet, WhisperLite International G jet, WhisperLite International K jet, and wire for cleaning the jets are some of the other items you could require.
- includes a fuel tube and filter, a check valve assembly, and maintenance and repair guidelines for the stove.
- Built specifically for the MSR WhisperLite Universal, WhisperLite International, and WhisperLite camping stoves (sold separately)
DragonFly Expedition Service Kit
- Contains the required equipment as well as the most typical replacement parts for the DragonFly stove and pump.
- Packaged in a durable carrying case.
ICYMI: Littlbug was featured on The Camping Show! Check it out HERE if you haven’t watched our episode yet!
Exploring the backcountry can take a toll on your body. Whether you are on foot, bike, or boat, it takes a lot of effort and puts extra strain on your muscles. From those taking months off to explore to the weekend warriors, we want to make sure you have the best experience in [...]
The three basics humans need to feel secure are water, food and shelter. To have the best experience while you’re in the wilderness, it’s important to make sure each of these needs are met. While the body can live without food for some time, water is a different story. Drinking contaminated water may [...]
We look forward to throwing a pack on, heading into the wilderness, and sleeping in the dirt during the summer. Long winters in places like northern Minnesota make the summer months even more special. But it doesn’t matter where you live. Almost everyone experiences excitement when backpacking season begins each year. [...]
Wood burning backpacking stoves make for an ultralight backpacking experience. Their compact size will not only save you ounces, but also space in your pack. If your adventure plans take you to areas with plenty of natural fuel sources, you can leave some of the refined fuel at home and rely on nature [...]