The Littlbug Blog
Last week, Littlbug Enterprises founder, Kent Hering and marketing partner, Summer Nitsch, were guests on The Camping Show, a podcast by C.W. Goetz Outdoors, to talk about the Littlbug camp stoves: history, evolution, their accessories, and so much more!
The Camping Show
In this episode, they explored the benefits of stick stoves. If you’re already a Littlbug user, you’ll probably know many of the benefits of stick stoves, but we share some Littlbug history and experienced tips to make the best use of your Littlbug stove.
Here’s a few questions you can expect to hear on the show:
- How did Littlbug camp stoves come to be?
- What considerations are important when choosing a stick stove?
- In what type of situation would use of a stick stove be more advantageous than using a stove of another type?
Did you miss the live stream of this episode on February 9th? Check it out: Exploring the Benefits of Stick Stoves
Littlbug Stove Basics
- Choose Your Fuel – Littlbug Stoves Burn Wood or Alcohol
- Rugged Simplicity – Stainless Steel Construction
- Stable – Unique Pot Supports Provide a Versatile Cooking Platform
- Nests for Easy Storage and Transport – Wraps Around a Sleeping Pad
- Easy to Assemble
- Boils Water Fast
- Cools Quickly
- Requires No Maintenance Kits, Spare Parts, Windscreens, or Heat Exchangers
Littlbug camp stoves burn wood or alcohol. Go light and gather sticks and twigs for your stove or carry alcohol for quick, convenient heat. You can switch between using wood and alcohol to meet your needs and still pack less weight than you would for a stove that requires refined fuel. Littlbug challenges the assumption that a backpacking stove has to take space in your pack. Littlbug Stoves’ unique geometry results in a remarkable size reduction when stowed for transport, and the pieces nest in a fashion that permits you to wrap the stove around a sleeping pad.
Designers of gas stoves are hindered in their attempt to reduce the size and weight of what you carry because most of the size and weight of their package is fuel. Littlbug Stoves are designed to reduce or eliminate the need to carry fuel – the choice is yours. Littlbug Stoves burn sticks and twigs, so depending on where you go, you may not need to carry fuel. This provides weight, space, and operating cost savings.
Have you been thinking about getting a Littlbug stick stove? What other questions do you have?